General objectives of the society are:
- To help develop thorough understanding of science and art of geotechnical engineering for the development of Nepal;
- To enhance the practice and application of site or ground investigation in developing sound engineering designs for foundation, surface and sub-surface excavations, mineral exploration and geotechnical and geo-environmental related problems and conditions;
- To foster and encourage application of geotechnical engineering techniques in relation to the environmental and engineering applications, with special attention to natural and man-made hazards and their mitigation;
- To foster common scientific interest of geotechnical engineering professionals and their colleagues in engineering and applied sciences in order to maintain highly professional standards among the society members, fellows and other interested individuals in this field; and
- To protect the rights of Geotechnical engineering professionals and assist them in technological advancement.